Top 10 Reasons I Hate Top 10 ListsMKM | Saturday, January 3rd, 2009 | 2 Comments »
Top Ten Lists are horrible ways to communicate and here’s how I really feel about them.
10. They’re a cheap attempt at attracting quick attention. Most people like to number, align and categorize everything, so a Top Whatever list always fits the eye nicely…but they’re usually worthless drivel. Kind of like this top 10 list.
9. The avearge human brain can’t stay focused on a piece of information for more than several seconds. Ten items in a list are more than most people can handle. They’ve already forgotten what you said in item number 10 by the time they’re on #8.
8. Top 10 lists are old and tired. They’ve been done to death and should die a slow, painful one!
7. Just because you think that “Dumb & Dumber” is the number one movie of all time doesn’t mean I should. Your opinionated top 10 list doesn’t do crap for me, and I’d generally rather not read it unless it has something of value to offer.
6. I just can’t go any farther with this top 10 list. I’m already sick to my stomach with just 6 items. This will be the last “Top” list you will see on Mass Kask…That much I promise.